Your medical team not only provides treatment guidance, but can also help you better understand your overall care. Here are some suggested questions to ask your doctor.
- Where do you recommend I get more information about my diagnosis?
- What support services are available to me and my family/caregiver?
- Do you recommend I return to work at this time?
- Do you anticipate that I will be able to return to work in the future?
- How do I talk to my employer about my diagnosis?
- How do I talk to my family and friends about my diagnosis?
- What can I expect during recovery (what are my needs for equipment or supervision at home)?
Make sure you are getting the best care possible by asking your doctor these questions.
We encourage you to download and print these questions and bring them with you to your appointment.