President Joe Biden, First Lady Jill Biden, Vice President Kamala Harris, and the entire Biden-Harris Administration are reviving Cancer Moonshot.
While serving as Vice President, Joe Biden initially launched Cancer Moonshot. With this renewed energy, the administration has set incredible goals “to reduce the death rate from cancer by at least 50 percent over the next 25 years, and improve the experience of people and their families living with and surviving cancer— and, by doing this and more, end cancer as we know it today.”
President Biden was inspired to revitalize Cancer Moonshot by the recent progress in cancer therapeutics and diagnostics and the lessons the health care systems have learned through the COVID-19 pandemic which can provide progressive steps towards ending cancer.
Additional goals and next steps of the Biden-Harris Administration include;
- Increase access to diagnostic scans
- Explore the use of mRNA technology, used in COVID-19 vaccines, in treating cancer
- Address inequities across race, gender, region, and resources
- Support the medical, financial, and emotional burdens of patients and their families
- Forming a Cancer Cabinet
- “Require an All-Hands-On-Deck Approach”
And much more. Learn more about Cancer Moonshot here